Saturday, June 22, 2013

5- Ricksaw: ASHIYA (1)

Other than few trips with my family on vacations and few to my aunt in Kolkata, I had been entirely in Ballia. Though Allahabad was not some out of the world experience but for someone who had only seen girls in the street with their guardians to accompany, it was a new experience altogether to see girls riding Scotties or even walking freely in streets. 

Now on this point those who are following my stories must be wondering that, had I not any other work beside thinking about girls at that time? In all the stories there is a girl and I am mostly only talking about them too, why? I would like to tell you that there were many things, like my career, family, sports and else which I had to worry about, but if you will follow closely any individual's life today either in student life or in working, prior to marriage ( in some cases even after) a prime objective in everyone's life is having a happy relationship. In spite of all cries of corruption and poverty you can't deny the fact that like all other major economies of the day and their history, our country is also undergoing a vast social change. Our youth have no goals to achieve, they have made this an aim of their own. Two things are very important for youth to make their mind for getting something, first it should bring a personal change to the way they live and second it should be hard to do. For example few decades back, youth had an aim to get freedom as we all know. Bhagat singh, Azaad and many more not even gave a second thought to give their lives to achieve it. Of course with all due respect to them I am not comparing that with running behind girls or boys, but we have to understand the basic working ideology behind it. They did that because they found themselves in a circumstance where they have to do it, which everyone was so mad to do. They got an ideology from their surrounding friends and public of that time who were dying for the cause, which will elevate living of the masses of the country, it was best to do at that time and also the hardest, so they did. Today their is nothing in front of our youth generation to do which can bring such revolutionary change. They are supported with a well settled economic stature of their family. But they are youth and they got to do something which is socially active and challenging at the same time, the answer is getting the best and happiest relationship among all. Boys see that opportunity in their girl friends and girls smarter and one step ahead than boys, search for it in the perfect marriage. We can discuss it any further we  like but this universal phenomena inherent in genes cat't be denied altogether. That's why I also have decided only to share only about this part of my life so that it follows the main concern of today's youth and so they feel interested about it.

I was thrilled by this new surrounding of mine and was finding a way to stay there for some time beside my short trip. Soon I got an excuse. My school was an Hindi medium C.B.S.E. board school (very rare to find one) because of which my English was very bad. As I was getting my graduate degree from English literature and had plans for keeping the same subject for my masters and further as well, I had to had good command over English for which I joined a spoken course in a nearby coaching named B.S.L. I would love to share the philosophy behind following English as a career option here. I was no good in science, and in spite of completing my Intermediate degree from Science I had best marks in English and Hindi. Right then I decided that I had to study literature and humanity, as science never even attracted me as a subject. Novels, stories and poems were only content of my reading time, which was of course very little.

I stayed at my uncle's home in railway colony civil lines, from where my coaching was a k.m. away. It was a three month's course and for that much time I was destined to enjoy this newly found charm of mine. I bought a new bicycle with all the sporty handlebar and gears in it. Though I had preferred to bring my bike from home but due to little allowance I had, in which petrol cost could not be added (later it proved as an added benefit) I couldn't. The time for my batch was 5:30 to 8:30 in evening. One month passed, for the first time in my life I had made few friends on my own without getting bullied. We were a batch of 60 boys and 10 girls. Our own little group had all ten girls and 3 boys. We three boys were also a reason of envy for the others because we had occupied all the girls. Among all ten of them, one got engaged as soon as the coaching started with one of the boy of our group. 9 were left now, In which there was that one girl, with strikingly beautiful black hair which she of course used to maintain a lot. She was best of the bunch as per my liking. You should also understand here that I was a small town boy, from a boys school, never attended his college beside exams and most important failed to express his love to a girl in four years. All in all entirely unknown to girls, and miles away from understanding anything about them. We were group of three boys from which one was engaged already, but the other one was free and interested in the same girl with long black skillfully maintained hair. Her name was Ashiya. She use to wear suits of contrast colors stitched to perfectly fit in her 34-29-36 figure. In that one month I never saw her repeating the same suit again as I was waiting for it to happen. She was second best in answering the questions asked during teachings, in group discussions and conversation classes, after me. I was amazed by the elevation in my stature as student here as I was one of the worse in my school. My decision of choosing English was strengthened. This first and second position which we acquired, created a bit of chemistry between us. We use to talk after classes about casual things. 
One day when she gave me her 'Slam Book' to fill. 'Slam Book', I was unknown entirely to it. As soon as I reached home I opened it and soon realized that I had to fill my Bio-data in it. Working whole night for filling mere two pages I was excited to give it back to her. Suddenly a thought came in my mind. I will give it back to her, but what next? Should I not give her a slam book of mine to fill too? I went to market and bought one, the best looking one, with most details, and considerably costliest.

Continue..

No comments:

Post a Comment